Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blog Talk

Well as you can tell from the title this post is going to be blog talk (although I don't really think I know what that is). In this post I am going to share some of my feeling as I have watched the stats grow and do there thing.

First things first viewers. So Blogger has this nifty world map thingy that says how many viewers you have from different countries. The top one, of course, is always America. Considering how I live in America that makes sense. What confuses me though is all the other countries that actually see it. Those tend to vary constantly and normally have only like one view. How does that work if you are actually reading it? I mean, if you speak another language? Does it automatically change the language for you or are you really skilled and can read English? I think it probably changes for you automatically but that makes me wonder if there could be a translation error? For example, if I say "mer" how does that translate? Basically if I make a word up (which I do frequently) how does that translate?

The whole translation error wondering on my part makes me think of this fun link I found while I was bored. Basically it is this website where you write something and it translates it into 20 languages and then back to your own language. It's like the game telephone that you play where you whisper something into somebodies ear and and then they pass it on and by the time the last person hears it the phrase is something totally strange that it isn't even close to what it was in the first place. It's very fun, especially if you write a very strange story. Click here to enjoy this amazing website. I think I might have fixed this by adding a translation thing on the side. I tried it and it was pretty cool.

Next is views. Now I tend to pay attention to the views of certain posts more than the total views the blog has. I noticed that my Micro Gum Packs! had a whole lot more than all my other posts. I'm pretty sure this is because of the pictures on it (you'd be surprised at how much people search for a picture of gum packs). So be expecting more pictures.

Just because it needs a picture and I hope you are saying this to yourself. 
Well there's my questioning this whole blogging thing. I hope I didn't confuse you (if anything I probably made you think I'm and idiot...oh well).
~Scooby

P.S. Sorry that it is so wordy and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment