Saturday, September 8, 2012

NalinA what?

Um...What did I just watch?



Well if you aren't familiar with what this is, this is kpop. What is kpop? It is korean pop music. Why do I watch this? Well it's good music and once you get past the strangeness and the language difference the songs are pretty catchy. I will find myself singing a kpop song at school (except I don't normally know the words so I will sing the tune or if there are english parts in it those will repeat 100+ times in my head).

Anyway somehow I found myself watching this music video by this group I had never heard of before (that tends to happen a lot though because there are a ton of groups and a ton of new groups that always come out too). As I was watching this song I found myself analyzing it and therefore decided I would share.


Okay so it starts with this dude in front of some wall with something on it that I don't know. Then the dude lights a lighter and lets it sit there. Firstly, why did he light that? Was he bored and pulled it out and lit it or what? Secondly, I never actually saw him close the lid when he put it in his pocket. When I first saw that I was like "Wait! Is he lighting himself on fire?! What's going on!" Well I'm going to assume he's not lighting himself on fire and that they just changed frames right as he closed the lid, but that really through me off.

Then it goes to this other dude drinking something strange....what the heck is he drinking anyway? Then these dudes in the back ground start to (I don't know how to describe it) abuse (?) this girl and he spins a coin and then beats the guys up (good for him...actual punching! Wow!) grabs the coin that is still spinning and leaves with his entourage. Now then he is very good at spinning that coin. I wonder how many takes it took them for that to work. Did he even pay for his weird looking drink? I thought that coin was to pay for it (although I don't think that would have been enough) but then he snatched it away. Um after looking closer I have come to think that some members of his entourage were also some of the dudes abusing the girl (look at one of the dudes jackets there is an 8 on it in the background and one of the first dudes to follow. Okay so maybe that dude wasn't the one abusing the girl but he was very close and was watching. Also it would have been easier for him to beat up the abuser but I guess that's the leaders job? Who knows. But where did his whole entourage come from? One moment there were like 4 in the background and then next minute there's like 50 people following him!

There are teams. Team Black Dragon and Team Red Tiger. I'm pretty sure they are rival groups and yet they end up dancing together? Weird. I don't know about you but if I'm somebodies rival I tend to avoid them. I definitely wouldn't dance with them. Plus they are doing the same dance...that means they must have coordinated together. Does that mean they don't really hate each or other? Or did both groups conveniently plan the same dance to do at the same time? Hmm...

Now we get to the lyrics. Oh boy.

"I don't know I don't know I don't know but I'm hot, hot." I thought you didn't know? So you're hot but you don't know? I'm confused....

"You know what you know what what you know what what I mean mean." What do you mean? I really don't know what you mean... It's like they knew somebody would get on there last line so they put this in to say to question it you know what I mean! Just like when you tease somebody about what they said and they reply "You know what I mean!" Unfortunately I don't know what you mean.

"Because everything about me is perfect." Um...a little full of yourself aren't you? As I have described in the last two paragraphs no you're really not perfect.

The best part is what they say after that though: "gugugaga gugugaga" They are speaking baby speak. Maybe they are telling babies that they are perfect, I don't know, but that is just strange.

I also remember him handcuffing some girl to himself. I don't know about you but if some dude came up to me saying he's perfect and then "gugugaga" I would run and hide. I wouldn't let him handcuff me to himself. That is a major creeper alert.

So when the two group leaders meet they begin to "fight". Okay so they aren't actually fighting they are pushing each other. Eventually one gets shoved harder and ALMOST falls (even though he looks good when he falls too...sigh) and he's like "Oh no you didn't!" So he makes a hand gesture and everybody else begins to get in the "fight" as well. Once again they aren't actually fighting they are shoving each other. Lame. Then one leader stomps his foot and everybody falls over. "Oh no! He just stomped his foot! That's even worse than shoving! Everybody hide!" Seriously? So lame. Except for the other leader he wasn't intimidated...but I think he's going to need to get some new members in his group...they both are actually.

Is he having a dance off with a girl? I'm confused. Whoa!! Why is there a girl mixed in with this fight?! That's not okay! (She's even in the shoving war!)

Oh wait!! I think I understand now! The two teams were going to have a dance off and they each had to create their own unique dance. However when they got to the location and started their dance off they that they were doing the same dance! This angered them so they started the whole "You cheated! Not fair!" Well neither one liked being called a cheater so they started shoving each other. Then this girl comes along and is like "You all are lame! This is how you dance!" But she is doing the same dance as everyone else.

Hold up...why did that dude have a lighter in the beginning? You never see it again in the video.

Oh! How come there voices randomly get really high like they just inhaled a gallon of hydrogen? It's random and weird. Sometimes they sound like a squeak toy too. No me gusta.

So at the end...who wins? All we see are the two leaders finally actually fighting (but we don't see them actually land any blows we just see them make a cool "I'm going to kick/punch you" pose). And! They are in the same group...I hope they don't feel like that in real life because that could be really bad.

Okay so despite my making fun of it I think it's a catchy song. It just don't make sense. That was also a lot of ranting and might not have made much sense but I hope you enjoyed it anyway.
~Scooby

P.S. I'm still not smart enough to figure out how to fix the video size so bear with it.

P.S.S. They subs were wrong on the heads shoulder knees part....the person that did the subs can't type.

No comments:

Post a Comment