Saturday, September 1, 2012

Coolest Bird Ever!

Oh dear...have I been neglecting this blog?! Well that's not good is it? Well sorry about neglecting this blog school has started once again which means homework is now present in my life. Also since I'm taking smart people classes I have more homework than I had anticipated. Oh well.

I seriously doubt that if you're reading this right now that you're a huge fan of me/my blog. Especially since I made it a month ago. However if you are a fan and after every post wait impatiently for another...sorry. I will blog when I can and prepare posts so I can just hit the publish button (therefore I am blogging without too much thought...if that makes sense).

Any ways...I saw a really cool bird this morning! I think it's my new favorite bird. Only problem is that I don't know what type of bird it is. I tried googling it which normally works but I couldn't figure it out (darn). That's not that important though. What is important is why it is so cool.

This morning we were sitting outside eating breakfast (ever since we went to Hawaii eating outside has become our new thing). We have a bird feeder outside by the table we were eating at. While we were eating birds would come and go, not staying very long but long enough to get a seed. Well one bird caught my eye because I thought it was particularly pretty. Once I finished eating I started to watch it more (I had to keep all of my attention on my food because it could have gotten away if I didn't watch it close enough...just kidding! I really like food, especially since we were having my favorite breakfast I was enjoying eating (does that makes sense? (wow! parentheses in parentheses! again! (okay I'm done now (okay now I'm really done...(promise...hehe))))) my food and didn't want it to get cold).

The first thing I noticed was that it would fly right at the trunk and grab on so it was clinging on to the trunk...not on a branch like you normally see. Okay maybe that's not that exciting but I'm not done yet. At one point it was on a branch and was hanging upside down on the branch. Another time it hopped (birds don't really walk) around he branch...so it was right side up and then sideways and then upside down and then sideways and then right side up again. I didn't understand why it was doing this strange behavior but then I noticed it was pecking at the bark on the tree?

That's when it hit me (imagine a light bulb over my head). The bird was taking one seed at a time and hiding it in the bark of the tree. It was storing food!!! Whoa!! Okay you might not be as excited that as me but I think that's pretty dang cool. Also at one point it was climbing up on the bark it it threw the seed in the air and then caught it again...like when we toss a ball back and forth between our hands, only it did that with its beak. Pretty cool right?

The awesome bird.
Unfortunately I don't know what it's called otherwise I would give you a better picture of it (I took this picture so no I didn't find it on the internet). I tried using that picture to google it on google but it didn't work...sigh. Oh well it's a cool bird anyway.
~Scooby


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you made a new friend! You ought to tame it though.

    ReplyDelete