Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sidewalks

I think people are confused. I keep seeing people walking or running in the middle of the road. I don't know why they are confused...maybe the name isn't clear enough. Because of this confusion I have decided to do my best to explain the true purpose of a sidewalk.

I'm going to break down it's name first. A sidewalk. It's not something you walk on the side of (I think this might be what most people get confused with). Sidewalks are very convenient. They are on the SIDE of the road so that you can WALK on them. I hope that makes it more clear.

The purpose of a sidewalk (you don't have to have a dog to walk on the sidewalk either)
http://www.picturesof.net/pages/100207-128817-601053.html
I was driving to work in my neighborhood when I saw these two middle school students (at least that's what I'm assuming) that were walking in the middle of the street. Normally when you are walking on the street and see a car you move out of the way because the car can, oh I don't know, kill you! Well maybe more like injure you but still. These students didn't move. They kept walking towards me (yes we were moving towards each other) while I was driving my car. I (Me! Not them, me!) had to move around them unless I wanted to hit them (I didn't go with that option mainly because it's too much paper work. Just kidding! I'm not that mean.). That's ridiculous. There is a perfectly good sidewalk that you should be using. We even have to shovel the sidewalks when it snows (by law where I am). Use the stupid sidewalk!

Another time I was in the passenger seat with one of my parents driving, I can't remember which but that's not important. Anyway I saw this couple walking their dog on the street. The couple were in the street. The dog (yes, I said a dog) was on the sidewalk. Wait. What? The dog was smarter than the couple! All they had to do was a take a step up onto the sidewalk. Is that really that hard?

Well that's the end of my rant about stupid people and sidewalks. I hope you enjoyed and I'm sorry but I still don't have a catch phrase (if you think of one and feel like sharing, please do otherwise I might never think of one).

Oh one more thing. USE THE SIDEWALK!!

~Scooby

P.S. You can still walk on it if it looks like this but I recommend admiring it first and taking a photo and don't smear it because that would be sad (yes that's a very bad sentence but I'm not a writer and you should know that by now).
That is pretty dang cool for a sidewalk

No comments:

Post a Comment