Thursday, August 16, 2012

My Blogging Experience


AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! That's pretty much my thought process as I tried to figure out what I was doing.

Did you know that blogger changed their format? Well I did and it made my life so much more frustrating. Point Blogger.

First came formatting the blog and making it pretty. Now first you should know that my friends also blog and I follow their blogs. Keeping that in mind their blogs are very pretty therefore I want mine to be just as pretty. Problem is: I don't really know what I'm doing. I had to figure out what a gadget was (I'm still not entirely sure what it is but I have a pretty good idea...I think). Then I had to format it so it looks semi normal and that you can read the post and gadgets (Haha! Now I feel smart!) without the words being completely vertical. Point me. Well I decided to make my blog even prettier by going to "The Cutest Blog on the Block" which it says in the top left hand corner. Do you like it? I like it. However it was rather frustrating to figure out how to make it my template...even though they had instructions. I followed them and did what they said but at first it didn't work. Point Blogger. But after that I figured it out and would change the template to a different design that I thought looked cool. Then I would look at it and think to myself "why does it look like that? It looked so much cooler when it wasn't part of my blog! Ugh!" "Oh wait that looks cool...but it's for the St. Patrick's Day. Darn." "Hmm that's not bad...okay I'll just go with that because otherwise I'm never going to pick one." Then I had to figure out how to change the font and what color it was going to be. With that done my blog is now at it's current look. Hurray!

Next came the post. That wasn't bad I already had the idea of what I was going to write so that part was probably the easiest. Point me.

Then came the most frustrating part ever! I set up a gmail to make this blog and I put in my full name only to find out later that everybody could see my full name. I don't want everybody to be able to see my name (unless I know you then you probably already know my name). No offense I'm sure you're an awesome person I just don't want some creeper to find this and be like "I'm going to stalk this girl!" I'm sorry I find that rather weird and creepy. I realize that probably won't happen but I don't really want to take that risk. I guess you could say I'm psychotic that way. I googled how to change my name or make it so my name was there put people could only see the name I wanted them to see. I tried for like two hours only to fail. Point Blogger. So I had my friend, Daphne (that is a nickname if you didn't catch that), who is very smart with the whole blogging thing, help me. I don't really know how to explain how she helped except that I gave her my username and password thing so that she could do it herself. That was good because it wouldn't have worked out very well for me if she told me what to do. "Wait! Where is that?! I already tried that!! It's not working!! Ugh! Why is it so stupid!?" (that would have been my conversation to her, she would try to calm me down and be patient but I don't think I would have ever figured it out).

I believe that is all that occurred. I could be wrong and just forgot something that was really frustrating because I don't want to get frustrated again. So I believe this is the end of the post. I still don't have a catch phrase. Minus one point for me.
~Scooby

P.S. In case you were wondering Blogger won with 3 points while I had 1 point by the end of my experience. ...I lost to an inanimate object (actually I don't think it's even an object). Sigh.






No comments:

Post a Comment