Friday, December 7, 2012

The Fort

Talk about ridiculous prices, creepy old guy, food, dressing up, Waugh and gift, and singing ladies plus magically appearing food and sneaky waiters and waitress saying thank you very much to every one and thanking us. Think of singing "please don't eat me" from dragon song in avpm while eating

So as I said in my previous post I had a Christmas party on the first with some family friends. Every year we get together and we trade off going to each others house. This year it was our friend who is really big into Christmas. When I was younger she would always buy us each at least 10 presents. She still does now just not as much because we got rid of the gift exchange part. Anyway this time she decided to take us to The Fort. The Fort is a very fancy restaurant where two people can easily spend over $100.

This be the place.
 So before we actually left I asked my parents if I needed to dress up. The response: "YES!" I couldn't even wear jeans! That's my life! If you don't know me I hate dressing up. It's a pain in the butt. My normal outfit consists of jeans, a T-shirt, and a hoodie (socks and tennis shoes as well). My hair is also up in a pony tail and no make-up is on my face. When I'm home and know I'm not going anywhere I will where sweats instead of jeans and slippers. Anyway they said I could wear some black pants I had but I really didn't want to because they always have cat hair on them and aren't that comfortable and I'm all about comfort. So I decided if I had to go to this place and dress up it was all or nothing. Since my parents wouldn't let me wear sweats I went with a dress. I even straightened my hair and put on some makeup (I used my friend's boots that I borrowed at one point and haven't given back yet....oops). I brought clothes to change into for when we went back to her house because I refused to stay in that outfit longer than I had to.

The food:
Well once everything started we got drinks (I got water because after looking at the prices of their appetizers I was afraid their drinks would be really expensive too). We got an appetizer that had three different kinds of sausage on it. The one I had tasted like chili to me. Kinda weird. Then we got our main meals (I got filet mignon) it was very good and like $40 dollars. Ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. The first time I got the menu I wanted to know if they had a kids meal because I would be fine with that. Well let's just say my father said no to that too. The food was really good though. I'm not a big steak fan but that was good stuff. I would eat that again. My father got a full rack of ribs and I kid you not the stack was as big as my head. There was a lot of food and that was good too. The vegetables were also really good which impressed me because normally I will pass on them at a restaurant.



The Atmosphere:
There was this Mountain Man there that would sneak up behind you and just stand there until you turned around. The only way you would know that he was there is when the people around you would tell you. At first I didn't think he was a mountain man...I thought he was a strange Santa Claus because he had the beard and everything except for the clothes. I was confused. He was rather creepy.



There was also this group of four ladies that would go around singing Christmas carols at each table. That was really cool. They were good too.

The Service:
The service was very good (probably part of the reason it is so expensive there). You got an appetizer menu and once you were done eating your appetizer they would take your dirty dishes and give you new dishes for the rest of your meal. I was really confused at first because they took my knife and fork. When we got our main meal they gave us a different knife that seemed rather sharp to me. You would also be eating and then suddenly see that more food arrived and be really confused as to how it got there and if a waiter/waitress put it there. It was magical. Like the tables at Hogwarts. Our waitress also kept saying "Thank you very much" after we ordered. It seemed strange to me because you are the one making us the food we should be thanking you (granted it isn't free by any means but your still giving us good food). Plus it was weird because she said it to every person and it got really repetive.

Other:
After we were done eating we were given this pieces of paper. Some of the said that if you went to their store you would get a gift. So we went to the shop and got a block of fancy chocolate. That was nice. On the paper the word "Waugh" was written which I didn't really understand why it was there. Maybe that is somebody's name. When I googled it there was an author with that last name and a Waugh school district and a bunch of other people.

The prices were ridiculous in my mind. You didn't get any more food than you would in any other place yet you spent at least $40 unless you were a vegetarian. If you're a vegetarian and you get their vegetarian dish that is $20. Vegetarians for the win!

While I was eating my meal I got a song stuck in my head. It is a Starkid song called "The Dragon Song." Before I share the video you should know that the only part of the song that was stuck in my head was when he sings "So please don't eat me." I was singing "please don't eat me" in my head while I was eating my meat. Sigh. How does that even happen? On the video I would go to 5:45 if you don't want to watch that much and actually want to know what I'm talking about. If you want to watch the whole video go for it!


That was my adventure at The Fort. Sorry this post was rather long.
~Scooby

No comments:

Post a Comment